Upcoming CTE Events
CELEBRATE TODAY ~ OWN TOMORROW
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION MONTH ~ FEBRUARY
GFPS is celebrating National Career & Technical Education (CTE) month. Our high schools offer 89 Career and Technical Education courses at Great Falls High School, C.M. Russell High School and Paris Gibson Education Center in the following areas:
- Business and Computer Science
- Family and Consumer Science
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Technology
- Over 97% of high school CTE students graduate high school on time.
- 83% of students who complete a CTE program in college, continue in school or get a job within six months.
- Work-based learning helps students apply and extend classroom learning, gain motivation, explore careers and develop critical understanding of the work environment.
- CTE exposes students to rigorous and relevant information-rich content through content-area reading and writing strategies.
FEBRUARY CTE EVENTS:
- Mayor Kelly declared February as GFPS CTE month at the City Commission Meeting (February 2nd)
- February 4th: Construction ~ Pre-Apprenticeship Signing Day at the High School House
- February 17 & 24th: GFH & CMR BPA (Business Professional Students of America) speaking at Coffee & Business (community leaders)
- February 25th: 15 Year Anniversary of the Paris Gibson Education Center Auto Shop. Community invited to celebrate with students, staff and alumni.
March 9 - DECA State Conference
March 14-16 - BPA State Conference
March 22-23 - TSA State Conference (virtual/blend)
April 6-8 - SkillsUSA State Conference (virtual/blend)
April 7-10 - FFA State Conference (virtual/blend)
April 14 - HOSA State Conference
April 15 - FCCLA State Conference (virtual)