Hello, East parents and guardians!
We hope this finds you well! We hope that your student is getting in the groove and feeling comfortable with their classes and activities.
For those who are new to middle school, PTA looks a little different than in elementary school. There are fewer volunteer opportunities but we promise to let you know when there are if you are interested. We typically need assistance with
- picture days
- 3.0 parties
- teacher appreciation week
- and a few other events throughout the year.
If you'd like to be up-to-date and be more involved in PTA, we typically meet the first Tuesday of each month. Be sure to join via paper (found outside the office) or on our website. Frequent updates are sent via email and on Facebook.
Some perks to PTA involvement are:
- You always have the insider scoop on upcoming events, activities, and proposed changes
- You will develop closer relationships with school leadership and other parents
- Your opinions and support directly benefit your school and your child
If you'd like to just give us your money, that's OK, too!
We have our ONE AND ONLY fundraiser starting on September 8th and we would appreciate your support. We give thousands of dollars each year in teacher grants (see image for a few of the ones we granted last year) to support students in a variety of projects in our school.
Thank you again and hope you are thriving in this unprecedented time.
East Middle School PTA President