During the 2021-2022 school year the Great Falls Public Schools and City-County Health Department will no longer be mandating quarantines for anyone identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 individual. Please refer to the CCHD Exposure letter to review the recommendations for individuals with a possible exposure to COVID-19. CCHD 2021 Exposure Letter
CDC guidelines on isolation and quarantine, including definition of close contacts: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html#:~:text=For%20Anyone%20Who%20Has%20Been,NOT%20need%20to%20stay%20home.
2021-2022 GFPS Illness Exclusion/Inclusion Protocol - COVID Inclusion Exclusion Criteria
Watch a video from Lead Nurse, Erica Harp on an explanation of the COVID Inclusion Exclusion Criteria
Resources for Parents and Staff
Sending your child to school with medical needs:
If your child has any medical conditions please do not hesitate to speak with your child’s teacher, principal, or school nurse. School nurses are available to help assess what your child needs to succeed at school and we can develop Individualized Health Care Plans or Emergency Care Plans for them. Below are some quick references for common medical issues, but we understand that our students have many other medical needs beyond those listed here.
For the student with Asthma
- If your child will have an inhaler in the office please provide the school secretary with a physicians order for their medication.
- Here is the Asthma Care Plan for your child to be filled out with their symptoms and returned to the school with yours and their physicians signature.
- If your child will be carrying their own medication please have your doctor sign the MT Authorization to Self Carry and Self Administer Asthma Medication form and give a copy to the school to keep on file.
- Would you like more assistance with your child’s asthma? Cascade City-County Health Department nurses are prepared to help! Please contact the Montana Asthma Program Home Visiting program at 406-761-9888. Or visit their website by clicking here: MAP
Click on any of the documents below for Influenza Prevention Information:
- Everyday Prevention Actions To Fight Germs Like Flu (source: CDC)
- Help Fight Germs Like Flu (source: CDC)
- Influenza Fact Sheet (source: City County Health Department & Community Health Care Center)
Other Helpful Resources
Examples of other Emergency Care Plans
For the student with Diabetes
For the student with life threatening allergies
Links to useful resources
Quick Links to GFPS Emergency Care Plans (ECP)