EMS Sports Information 2021-22
All students can participate. We do not cut at the middle school level for athletics. A physical is required before the first practice. Physical forms are located outside of our main office. Fees are: $25 for one sport. Two or more sports would be another $20 dollars ($45 total for two or more sports). Free and reduced lunch students pay a reduced fee of $12.50 for one sport and $22.50 for two or more sports. Fees can be paid at the main office.
We hope to have sports studyhall available for Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, and Girls Volleyball. It is contigent on complete student cooperation and their excellent behavior. If student athletes do not cooperate with adults they will not be allowed to attend. Which means parents will need to pick them up and bring them back 7 minutes prior to their practice. If they are not in Sports Studyhall they will not be allowed on Campus.
Sports starting the first day of school: Football and Girls Basketball,. The first day of school is a Wednesday and students are released from their classes at 2:10 p.m.
- Girls Basketball Starts the first day of school if students have turned in a physical and paid their fees.
- Day One - 8th grade Girls Basketball Practice starts at 2:30 - 4:00
- Day One - 7th grade Girls Basketball Starts at 4:00 – 5:30
- Thursday and Friday 8th grade from 3:00 – 4:30 and 7th grade from 4:30 – 6:00
- Approximate end date week of Oct. 19th.
- Football starts the first day of school if students have turned in a physical and paid their fees.
- Day one 7th & 8th grade starts at 2:30 p.m. Players report to the boy’s locker room.
- The following practice days start at 3:00 (3:30 on Wednesdays from the 2nd week on).
- The first 3 days of football practice is Helmet, T-shirt, shorts, and cleats only. Football practice will end every day by 5:00 p.m. no matter the start time. Three non-contact practices are required from each player before full pads.
- There will be football practice every day except game days.
- Approximate end date week of Oct.19th.
- Cross Country Starts Monday Aug. 30th. Practice will begin at 3:00 on most days, 3:30 on all other Wednesdays. Cross Country meets in the hallway in front of the gym near the trophy cases. Cross Country races are often on a Tuesday. Approximate end date week of Oct. 13th.
- Boys Basketball starts Oct. 25th.
- 8th grade practice starts at 3:00 - 4:30 the first three days
- 7th grade practice starts at 4:30 – 6:00 the first three days
- Times will vary by team once the boys are divided into teams.
- Approximate end date Dec. 16th.
- Girls Volleyball starts on January 3th.
- 8th grade Girls Volleyball Practice starts at 4:30 - 6:00
- 7th grade Girls Volleyball Starts at 3:00 – 4:30
- Later in week the start times will be communicated by coaches.
- Approximate end date Feb. 24th.
- Wrestling starts on Jan. 18th, in the cafeteria at 3:00 p.m.
- Approximate end date March 8th.
- Girls Swimming first practice is February 14th. A Bus comes to EMS and transports the girls to GFH’s Pool. Girl’s need to be picked by parents no later than 5:15 p.m. at the swimming pool. The season is approximately a month long. Approximate end date is March 24th.
- Boys and Girls Track first practice is March 28th at 3:00 after school. We practice indoors if we need to. Approximate end date is May 10th.