Bison Library is committed to teaching information seeking skills for the Twenty-First Century; to providing a balanced collection of resources in a variety of formats; to meeting both the research and personal use needs of our clientele; and to providing prompt, courteous, effective, and efficient service.Hours
7:00 am through 4:00 pm on normal school daysOnline Services
- Databases and e-books supporting all curricula.
- MLA citation formats and examples with detailed instructions.
- OPAC (Card Catalogs) access for: GFPS, GFHS, Great Falls Public Library, Montana State University Renne Library, University of Montana Mansfield Library.
- Interlibrary loan from MSU and UM libraries (no charge).
Physical Library Services
- Research and personal use materials in a variety of formats and levels.
- Computer and Internet access (subject to all Board policies)
- Access on all computers to academic and project production software
- Printing: black and white and color printing
- Manipulative and thinking games
- Chromebook checkout with Associate Principal approval
Everyone is welcomed at Bison Library and we actively encourage use of the resources. We ask that our clients are respectful of all other people in the library, of the library space, and of the library materials. Library staff does reserve the right to restrict use privileges based on behaviors.
- Checkout is for 3 weeks per item with renewals, unless there is a hold on the item. Students can renew their own materials through their Alexandria account or come to Bison Library.
- Holds may be placed by request to a staff person.
- Students are allowed to have four items at any one time.
There are three locations for returning materials:
- The Hub: Between the Finance Office & the Main office
- North Campus: Book drop outside the Bison Library doors.
- Book drop inside Bison Library at the main desk.
- Passes are not required for before school, lunch and after school use. Students must sign in at the main desk.
- Study hall students must have a pass to visit the library. Passes may be obtained from library staff before school, before classes begin, or after school. No passes are written after the class bell rings.
- Students are required to have a pass to leave the Hub during lunch to go to the Library.
A fine of $.10 per day is charged for overdue materials. Fines are capped at $7.00. There are no charges for weekends or holidays.
- Bison Library encourages and listens to client suggestions, subject to meeting selection criteria as outlined in Board Policy 2310R and the Bison Library Materials Selection Policy.
- Reconsideration of Library materials is in accordance with Board Policy 2310 F1.
Privacy and Intellectual Freedom
- Bison Library supports intellectual freedom and the ability of students to access a variety of materials to meet both curricular and personal interest needs. The importance of privacy to pursue intellectual exploration is a fundamental freedom in a democratic society and a cornerstone to developing the critical thinking skills necessary for success in the 21st Century.
- As a matter of policy, Bison Library staff holds patron records in confidentiality. We adhere to all applicable Federal laws, Montana laws, and GFPS District policies relating to privacy and confidentiality of record keeping. Our patron records reside within an electronic library management system that cannot be accessed by anyone other than Bison Library staff.