Transportation and Bus Information
The 2012-2013 School Transportation Schedules
IN THE PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED on the Web. AND WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
Bus routes/stops are modified each year. Please check the schedule.
SCHOOL STARTS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29th, 2012.
In cooperation with the Base Commanders Office all school bus stops will be at bus shelters only, unless construction inhibits bus travel.
How to use the Schedules
Click Here to Choose a School
When you find your school and then find the stop closest to your home. AM bus number is the bus you ride to school. PM bus number is the bus you ride home. If there is more than one bus listed in the afternoon, check for the bus number listed after the bus stop description. AM and PM locations are not always the same.
Paris Gibson Education Center Students
If you are a bus eligible student and would normally attend East Middle School or Great Falls High School and North Middle School or C M Russell High School, catch the bus for those schools and make the following transfers to Paris Gibson Education Center;
@ NMS or CMR to Bus 48
@ EMS or GFHS to Bus 58
MAFB In cooperation with the Base Commanders Office, all On-Base school bus stops will be at bus shelters only, unless construction inhibits bus travel.
To Parents/Guardians of Children Riding School Buses
The Great Falls Public School District provides school bus transportation service, which is significantly more accommodating than the three (3) mile limit Montana State Law requires School Districts to provide. The basic structure to this provided service is as follows:
- bus service to High School Students whose legal residence is in excess of two (2) miles from their assigned school
- bus service to Middle School Students who’s legal residence is in excess of one and one half (1 1/2) miles from their assigned school
- bus service to Elementary School Students who’s legal residence is in excess of one (1) mile from their assigned school.
Students can only board and de-board their assigned bus @ their assigned stop. Students are not allowed to ride home/with or get off/on @ friends bus and/or stop.All school buses have an assigned number of students to them. This assigned number may or may not ride at all times. However, the assigned number is the calculating number for “Space Available” of each school bus. Great Falls Public School District has made the following provision: If a Parent/Guardian desires their student to ride a bus and their legal residence is closer than the limits, as listed in the first paragraph, the Parent/Guardian may contact the Great Falls Public School District Transportation Office to request permission to ride if space is available aboard a nearby bus. No added stops or changes in routes will accompany any of this type of request.
This school bus service is contracted out to Big Sky Bus Lines 454-1283. Any concerns regarding drivers, bus aides or the bus itself should be directed to and handled by their Operations Manager/Assistant Operations Manager.
Students are expected to be at their assigned bus stop five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Call Big Sky Bus Lines to coordinate your clock
(406 ) 454-1283.
- All bus students are expected to carry out the Drivers Instructions the first time they are issued and do so in a respectful manner.
- All bus students are expected to follow the following Basic bus rules as well: (This List is Not All Inclusive of Bus Rules)
- Remain Seated in assigned seat & facing forward
- No Physical or Verbal Abuse
- No Harassment of Any Type
- No Foul Language or Talk
- No Cell Phone Use (Call, Texting, Photo)
- No Eating, Drinking or Use of Any Tobacco Products
- No Throwing Objects, Littlering, Defacing, Damaging the Bus. (damage liability will be assessed to the parent/guardian)
- All bus rules are categorized into Safety, Order & Rights of Others.
Students making the choice to not meet these expectations may be subject to the following progressive disciplines:
- Written or verbal warning
- Three (3) day suspension from All buses
- Five (5) day suspension from All buses
- Ten (10) day suspension from All buses
- Rest of the school year suspension from All buses
Immediate Suspension, for any amount of time, may occur as the result of serious misbehavior. Suspensions may carry into the next school year.
Thank You for Your Cooperation and Support.